On February 2, we kicked off Innovation Summit 2017 in Los Angeles. Over 25 EB-5 and private equity real estate industry leaders offered information and insight to an intimate audience of attendees. Coming from an array of professions, esteemed panelists and speakers, including the likes of former USCIS Director León Rodríguez, provided a tapestry of perspective on everything from EB-5 basics to contrasting foreign investor views to projections of the potential impact of the new administration.
NES Financial’s seminar series traveled to sunny Miami last Tuesday before wrapping up in snowy New York last Thursday. More than 50 industry authorities weaved additional well-informed material to active participants at each location.
If you weren’t able to attend, here are 5 thought-provoking conversations that took place at Innovation Summit 2017:
- Foreign capital is becoming increasingly important. Because of the abundance of foreign capital trying to leave the origin country and enter the United States, there has been a corresponding uptick in competition to access this fund source.
- Reputation remains at the forefront of a complicated, competitive international market. High net worth individuals and investors are becoming progressively sophisticated and place value on reputable facilitators and organizations that have garnered a track record of success.
- China is still the most active investor market but the three-year growth trends of India and Vietnam have led all countries with increases of as much as 1700%.
- A long-term EB-5 Regional Center program extension is on the horizon with enhanced integrity measures. Third-party fund administration and investor account transparency are among proposed integrity measures that will redefine industry best practices.
- Redeployment is not only a viable strategy for EB-5 investors but has become a practical solution to fulfilling the visa program’s at-risk provision as wait times for I-526 petition approvals have grown to six to 10 years.
NES Financial’s Intelligent EB-5 Solutions have been used on more than 450 projects, representing over $20 billion in EB-5 capital—more than any other solution on the market.
NES Financial welcomes your questions and opinions. Allow us to address your business needs by contacting us. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information on NES Financial, follow us on Facebook ,Twitter, and LinkedIn!