An IIUSA-hosted EB-5 Webinar
Tuesday, April 21 | 2 P.M. ET/ 11 A.M. PT
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) provides government oversight of the EB-5 Program by creating and implementing policy through federal regulations. Sometimes, however, USCIS creates policies through other processes, such as updates to its Policy Manual or through adjudication decisions, that impact projects and investors in more immediate ways.
This webinar will explore more recent policy implementation by USCIS including its new visa availability processing for I-526 petitions, redeployment and regional center terminations.
Please join JTC Americas, Formerly NES Financial, and a panel of EB-5 experts talk through these challenges, covering need-to-know information for regional centers, projects and investors trying to navigate the coming months.
CLE credit is also available.
Find out what you need to do stay current on your I-526 petitions and all the latest EB-5 news. Click here to RSVP and for more event information!
Topics to be discussed during the webinar:
- State of the union
- Managerial decisions
- Conflict of interest
- Marketing considerations (what redeployment strategy/options investors will want to see in the offering docs)
- The redeployment policies of USCIS
- What happens to investors if a project fails at redeployment?
New petition adjudication policy, based on visa availability:
- Potential effects on processing times
- Impact on escrow
- Managing job creation to optimize immigration benefit
- Practical considerations of having investors on varying timelines in one project
- Potential need to update the I-526 & I-829 packages multiple times
Regional Center terminations
- Reasons for termination
- Any arguments or evidence that USCIS accepts to keep the centers open
- Litigation options
- Arguments for litigation
Who should watch?
- EB-5 issuers and Regional Centers
- Economists and business consultants
- Immigration and securities attorneys
- Developers and entrepreneurs
- Current and prospective EB-5 investors
Don’t miss out! Register here to RSVP.