How Can EB-5 Issuers Make the Most of the Opportunity Zone Program?
Last year’s tax reform created massive incentives for holders of unrealized capital gains to put their money into so-called “Opportunity Zones” (OZs) — economically distressed census tracts across the US. This year, the nascent Opportunity Zone industry has been ramping up at breakneck pace:
- 8,700 census tracts designated Opportunity Zones, list finalized in June 2018
- Areas designated as opportunity zones make up 11% of the country
- Total available market estimated around $6 trillion
In this free webinar, a panel of industry experts will explain the specifics of the Opportunity Zone program and will discuss how OZ investment may align with the funding needs of EB-5 development projects.
Here’s what we’ll discuss:
- An introduction to Opportunity Zones
- Requirements to set up an OZ Fund
- Overlap of EB-5 Targeted Employment Areas and Opportunity Zones
- Modifying EB-5 projects to welcome OZ investment
- Emerging best practices in operation and administration of OZ Funds
Who should attend?
- Regional center operators
- Issuers and project managers
- Immigration and securities attorneys
- Economists and business consultants