A New Era for EB-5:
Navigating the Reform and Integrity Act of 2022
A webinar presented by JTC Americas
Thursday, March 31, 2022
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Register now to watch the replay!
The renewal of the Regional Center program brings with it all-new compliance challenges.
What do these changes mean for the future of EB-5?
The EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act has reauthorized the Regional Center program through September 30, 2027. This is great news for both issuers and immigrant investors who’ve been waiting for the program’s renewal.
In addition to reauthorization, the bill also introduces a slate of new integrity measures and notable changes to the EB-5 program. These include, but are not limited to:
- Increased investment amounts for all new filings, including in Targeted Employment Areas. Infrastructure projects can now qualify at TEA amounts, and 20% of all EB-5 visas will be reserved for rural areas.
- Pooled direct investments must be sponsored by a Regional Center.
- In order to avoid yearly audits, Regional Center projects must retain a third-party fund administrator.
- Capital can now be redeployed throughout the US, but violation of redeployment requirements can result in the termination of the Regional Center.
- A 60-day freeze on I-526 filings before the program is fully reauthorized on May 11th, 2022.
As the only fund administrator offering a purpose-built solution for the EB-5 space, JTC Americas wants to ensure our clients and partners understand what these new aspects of the law mean for them.
The webinar featured a panel of industry experts explaining the new regulations, what issuers need to do to prepare, and why compliance is more crucial than ever. They also discuss the parts of the legislation that require immediate attention, and how JTC’s EB-5 escrow solution can help you take advantage of the 60-day freeze on I-526 filings to make sure your offerings are first to market.
This is a perfect opportunity to learn about the future of EB-5 from the best minds in the industry, so reserve your spot today!
A New Era for EB-5:
Navigating the Reform and Integrity Act of 202
Learn from our experts’ insights. Click here to view the webinar recording below!