Investors care more than ever about putting their money toward solving societal problems, with $1 out of every $3 going toward socially responsible investments. Many funds have embraced the principles of ESG, or environmental, social and governance solutions. There is already a large and increasing group of entities providing capital for socially impactful projects but the competition for this type of capital is fierce. The key issue is how can we enhance connectivity between sources of social impact capital and those seeking such capital.
JTC Americas and Akerman hosted a virtual industry forum to address the challenges of raising social impact capital. Speakers and industry experts shared their insights into why this is an important time in the development of social impact investments, what is missing from the industry today, how both social impact investors and those seeking this type of capital can set themselves apart by pioneering best practices, and much more. Join us as we explore the next phase of impact investing. The panelists will looked at how we can effectively combine (and enhance) social impact capital with the various public sector assistance programs to create better Public/Private/Partnership (“P3”) models.
Topics Will Include:
- What is social impact investing? An overview of the major players and the challenges of attracting capital.
- What are the current sources of social impact capital? What sources are likely to emerge in the near future?
- Understanding the goals of those providing impact capital and the ways it is currently being used.
- How to create mutual leverage between social impact capital, other private sector sources, and government assistance programs.
- How to expand the uses of social impact capital, including potential involvement in infrastructure projects, and projects of not-for-profit entities, and in establishing relationships with governments and communities.
Leadership in Social Impact Investing: Attracting Capital and Growing the Industry
A virtual forum with Akerman LLP and JTC Americas
Hosted on Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Learn from our experts’ insights. Scroll down to view both Panel 1 and Panel 2.