Join Akerman LLP and JTC Americas for an exclusive and complimentary in-person networking and industry event focused on development opportunities in New York City.
The past few years have brought a renewed focus on impact from investors, developers, and fund managers. The result has been a new model of development that integrates and balances the interests of both communities and capital. Many of these opportunities have appeared in the Outer Boroughs, where developments that can attract social impact capital are able to take advantage of government programs to generate returns while helping underserved communities. These Boroughs are slated as the likely location for the next wave of NYC enhancement.
To encourage connection among those in the industry with a passion for impact, JTC Americas and Akerman LLP are hosting an invite-only event in New York City on Thursday, September 22. The event will feature speakers and panels discussions on the most up-to-date information and strategies for social impact investing, EB-5, and related programs. There will also be opportunities for you to network and connect with others in the industry.
Discussion topics may include:
- Development opportunities in NYC, specifically in the Outer Boroughs
- The need for a new development approach, focused on social impact, to mutually benefit communities and developers
- Attracting social impact capital
- Challenges and solutions in demonstrating impact to communities, investors, and regulators
- Current regulatory frameworks for impact funds, Opportunity Zones, EB-5, REITs, and more